Once again we are proud to have Patagonia as a Gold Level sponsor for the 2013 Michigan Ice Fest! Patagonia has always sent some of the most amazing athletes to instruct and give presentations to our event and this year is no exception. This year Patagonia ambassador Zoe Hart will be joining us all the way from her home in Chamonix France.
Zoe is the fourth American woman to earn her International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations status, the highest level of credential available to professional mountain guides. When she’s not guiding or climbing in her backyard, Chamonix, France, Zoe’s on international expeditions or climbing trips throughout North America. Although Zoe considers herself a climbing “jack-of-all-trades,” alpine climbing is her passion.
- Ascent of the 1938 Route on the North Face of the Eiger, Switzerland
- First Ascent Cracker Pterodactyl 5000 (VI 5.10+, 900 m) Jebel Misht, Oman
- Ascent of the Dru Couloir on the Dru, France
- Ascent of the Over Couloir on the Brenva Face of Mont Blanc, France
- Ascent of the Northwest Face of Half Dome in a day, Yosemite, California Ascent of the West Face Couloir, Aguille Du Plan (ED2, M6, WI5, 700 m)
- First Female Ascent and Speed Record (since broken) of Deprivation, Mt Hunter, Alaska (IV 5.8 A3 AI6)
- Ascent of Cryophobia, Ghost, Canada (M8, WI 6, 225m)
- First Female Ski Descents in the Karakoram on the Chasing Glaciers Expeditions, Pakistan
- First ascent of Big Wednesday (VI 6), Ben Nevis, Scotland
- First ascent of Alpine Princess, Ben Nevis, Scotland
A big Thank you goes out to Josh and the rest of the gang and Patagonia for taking the time to care about us mid west climbers!