We are so excited that Scarpa will once again be supporting our event by sending their demo fleet of top notch ice boots. As you might know, our demos are an excellent opportunity to try out the leading ice climbing manufacturers gear- so take some time out of the weekend and give one of our personal favorites- the Phantom Guide, a try.
You’ll see them in the park at Ouray, sending big in Cody, on the West Shore of Grand Island, and anywhere the temps plummet. For good reason, too – we love the sensitivity for steep ice and mixed pitches. Nothing lets you climb better than warm, dry feet. Quick lacing for a customized fit. The same materials and construction as our Himalayan boot, the Phantom 8000, so you get warmth for extreme environments, but in a svelte, sensitive iteration for objectives demanding precision climbing. The Phantom Guide weighs what a traditional leather boot does, but draws on modern technology to create our most versatile cold-weather boot.
- PrimaLoft lightweight insulation and multilayer upper adds warmth when you’re hitting the ice
- Waterproof t-zip and integrated gaiter provide protection from the elements so you can climb hard all day long
- Synthetic Cordura uppers with a DWR coating provide dryness inside of the t-zip
- Quick lace system can be tightened or loosened easily with cold fingers or gloves
- ErgoFit sole allows your foot to flex naturally
- Midsole construction uses microporous polyurethane to improved shock absorption and durability
- Tough Vibram TT sole for superior grip and traction on variable alpine terrain
Try the Phantom Guides out on your favorite route by stopping in to Ice Fest headquarters and picking up a demo!