Over the past 30 years we’ve sent thousands of pieces of Michigan Ice Fest gear out into the world. Hats, t-shirts, pint glasses, and of course stickers. Some of our friends have sent us photos of their gear in amazing places. From mountain tops in Asia to the frozen lands of Antartica, we’re always impressed with how far from Munising that Michigan Ice Fest has made it.
Well, after a day of climbing and a few, or a bunch, of post climb beers, we got to talking about how amazing our Michigan Ice Fest Family is. We decided we wanted to hear more stories from our friends, and that we wanted to reward people for being so awesome. So we decided to have a little giveaway.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Find a photo you’ve taken with a piece of official Michigan Ice Fest gear. It can be a picture of you wearing an Ice Fest hat or t-shirt, an ice fest sticker on your water bottle, helmet or car, or any other way you’ve displayed your Ice Fest pride.
- Post that picture to Instagram, tag us @MichiganIceFest and use the hashtag #30yearsofMichiganIce. Please don’t post them to your stories, they are much harder for us to see.
- This one’s optional, but if you’d write a short description of the photo and maybe tell us the story that piece of gear, that trip, or how Michigan Ice has impacted you over the years, we’d love to read them.
- At the end of the giveaway we’ll take the name of everyone who entered and randomly pick two winners to receive a free registration to our 30th anniversary event this year. It’s not a contest to see who took the best photo or has the best story. It’s a way for us bring our Ice Fest family a little closer and see how far out into the world we’ve all gone.
- We’ll probably do a live drawing on Facebook during the week after the contest ends, because that’s kind of fun. But if the winner misses the drawing we’ll contact them anyway.
That’s it. Pretty simple. We’ve got a few rules for you to follow:
- Photos must have visible official Ice Fest gear.
- You will receive one entry per post (posts with multiple photos will only receive one entry) with a maximum of three entries per person. You can make as many posts as you’d like and we’d love to see your photos.
- Photos Must be posted before Sept. 11th.
- Photos must be your original work.
- Try to keep it PG 13. Instagram will probably take it down if you don’t.
- Your privacy settings must be set so that we can see your posts. If we can’t see it, you can’t win.
So dig deep into your archives and find your favorite images. Bill is really excited to see who can come up with the oldest piece of Ice Fest gear.