For two years Sue Nott was an instructor for the Michigan Ice Fest teaching our women’s courses. Unfortunately, Sue was killed while attempting the Infinite Spur on Mt. Foraker in Alaska. In honor of Sue, Down Wind Sports has created the Sue Nott Scholarship Fund. The purpose of the scholarship is to promote, inspire, and introduce young females to the sport of ice climbing. One scholarship will be awarded every year for females age 9-17 years old. The scholarship will include admission to the ice fest, instruction in the women’s course, as well as some other surprises!
To apply fill out the following form with:
1. Applicant’s Personal Information
2. The information of their guardian
3. A short written explanation of why they are interested in ice climbing and the Michigan Ice Fest.
4. A photo of their most recent report card. Applications will not be based on the best grades but that students are trying hard and making an effort at school.
5. A letter of support from someone other then the applicant’s guardian.
The deadline for applications will be January 5th