Over the years, ice climbers have developed a great relationship with the park service in regards to ice climbing within Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The park service has even developed their own ice climbing brochure available at the visitor’s center. The park service has set forth the following rules and regulations to help preserve this beautiful lakeshore.
– Munising Falls is closed to climbing due to hazardous rock fall.
– Do not park along Sand Point Road.
– Please park in the designated parking lot at the end of Sand Point Road.
– Winter camping within Pictured Rocks is available only in the designated lakeshore backcountry sites and requires a permit.
– Overnight camping in parking lots is not permitted.
– Drones are not permitted to be flown inside the park
– Pets are not allowed at any of the climbing areas.
-Alcohol is not permitted at any of the climbing areas.
-Campfires are not allowed at any climbing areas.
-Dry tooling is not allowed.
If you have any questions regarding these rules please don’t hesitate to call the park service at 906-387-3700. View the official Park Service welcome here.