Looking for a well designed ice pack to haul your gear? The Mutant’s 38 liters (medium) gives you enough space for a lightweight overnight expedition, but is a perfect ice cragging pack suited to haul your gear comfortably along the lakeshore trail.
- The top-loading design features a floating top lid and extendable skirt so you can overfill the pack for longer climbs
- Removable three-fold EVA bivy pad works great for ultralight shelters, but can also give you a pad for gear organization, belaying, or resting on snow
- Pre-shaped, contoured back panel sheds snow and moisture and fits closely thanks to the removable frame sheet and cushy shoulder straps
- Includes a sternum strap with emergency whistle and a waist belt that stows around the front of the pack so you can use your harness
- Gear loops and ice tool loops on the waist belt hold your rack while you approach the route
- Ice tool (or axe) attachment system holds your devices securely and won’t puncture your pack thanks to a gorilla grip patch
- Spindrift collar on the lid keeps contents snow-free and a rope strap secures your line during the approach and descent
- Quick-release Z-shaped compression straps condense the load for easy hauling and also provide additional gear attachment points
Let’s just say at the shop this is our FAVORITE climbing pack! So well thought out and the perfect pack to haul your precious gear to the crag. Don’t forget for the first time ever during the 2012 Michigan Ice Fest participants can score a HUGE deal! We are excited to announce that all clothing will be discounted 30% off, all hardgoods will be 25% off and all Mountain boots will be 20% off! Great time to score a deal and pick up the Osprey Mutanat!
Osprey is a proud sponsor of the 2012 Michigan Ice Fest- Thanks Osprey!