Qualified Instruction is at the core of a safe and fun climbing experience. We typically offer several training opportunities throughout the year.
The Michigan Ice Fest Guides will be offers American Mountain Guides Association Single Pitch Instructor Courses as well as an SPI Assessment, typically in the spring and fall of each year.
SPI COURSE APRIL 14-16th 2023 Marquette, Michigan $575.00
The Single Pitch Instructor (SPI) Program teaches climbing instructors to proficiently facilitate and instruct the sport of rock climbing in a single pitch setting. The SPI is the only internationally recognized single pitch climbing instructor certification program in the United States. This program is the industry standard for facilitating single pitch outdoor rock climbing. It is also a highly beneficial program to complete prior to moving into the AMGA Guide Track Programs.
The SPI Program consists of a 3 day course and separate 2 day assessment. Candidates should meet the required prerequisites prior to attending the course or assessment.
- You are a Professional Member of the AMGA.
- You have a genuine interest in rock climbing and instructing novices on single pitch crags.
- You are at least 18 years old at the time of the course.
- You have at least 12 months prior climbing experience.
- You are an active climber with traditional lead climbing experience (leader placing pro).
- You have led a minimum of 15 traditional rock climbing routes (any grade).
- You are capable of comfortably climbing 5.8 while on a top rope.
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 6 PARTICIPANTS PER SPI COURSE!
REGISTER FOR THE SPI COURSE HERE!